The Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
Thursday 10 December @ 7.30pm
Independent production house Laughing Stock Productions and management publicity firm Buxton Walker have joined forces to create Australia’s newest comedy management team. The comedy orphans under their protective wing are Heath Franklin, Felicity Ward, Sammy J, Heath McIvor and Randy, Smart Casual and David Quirk - all unique in their talents and ready to make you laugh.
On Dec 10, we end this year with the promise of the next. The Chaser’s Chas Licciardello and Craig Reucassel host an evening of comedy, showcasing highlights of the 2010 festival seasons from:
- Heath Franklin’s Chopper - One of Australia’s most successful comedy characters
- Felicity Ward - MICF Best Newcomer Nominee and Edinburgh success story, Felicity brings her storytelling show ‘Felicity Reads From The Book of Moron’
- Sammy J and Randy - Eclectic comic musician Sammy J and puppeteer Heath McIvor reunite after the Barry-nominated international success of ‘Sammy J in the Forest of Dreams’ to perform their new show, a live sit-com - Sammy J and Randy in ‘Ricketts Lane’.
- Smart Casual - RAW runners-up and 2009 MICF Comedy Zoners unleash their copyrighted brand of low-fi-com-rock in ‘Same Mother, Different Fathers.’
- David Quirk - One of the most talked about comics on the circuit redefines the comedy experience in ‘Neanderthal Brow’
And for the first time in 3 years the cast of cult TV show, The Ronnie Johns Half Hour reform to preview sketches from their 2010 live national tour.
Laughing Stock Productions was established in 2004, with the focus on the artist, and the development of new and daring projects for stage and television. LSP has enhanced the comedy landscape by unearthing Heath Franklin, Felicity Ward, Tim Minchin, and The Bedroom Philosopher and by creating the musical comedy showcase Laughapoolooza. LSP has produced national tours for ABC’s The Chaser and Heath Franklin’s Chopper.
Over the past 20 years Buxton Walker Management have represented some of Australia’s most recognised musicians including Joe Camilleri, The Black Sorrows, Colin Hay, Men At Work, Vika & Linda Bull and Stephen Cummings. The company’s publicity arm has helped build the profile of some of the country’s biggest arts festivals, comics and music events including Melbourne Fringe, The Famous Spiegeltent, Arj Barker, Stephen K Amos, Wangaratta Festival of Jazz and The AIR Awards. Buxton Walker co-produce the award winning entertainment precinct, Garden of Unearthly Delights as part of Adelaide Fringe.
All proceeds from the night go towards buying the new office a ping pong table.